New Zealand attractions map
Avoid camping fines with this official NZ camping map. It’s the only map that’s approved by every council representative in NZ. Also proudly brought to you by:
- Over 700 holiday park managers
- 80+ trustees, representing over 500 freedom camping locations
- In association with Camping our Way, the Department of Conservation and i-SITE
- Every camping location is shown on this free map - a first for NZ.
- Backed by all council representatives, DOC asset managers and holiday park owners. If the camping site is on the map, the relevant authority has approved it.
- Well informed travellers can relax in the security of knowledge, while still enjoying their freedom.
- Over 500 freedom camping spots spread around the country, plus hundreds of well equipped holiday parks.
New Zealand is a campervan nirvana - a small, sparsely populated country with friendly locals and scenic serenity. This unique travel mix has led to a large upsurge in motorhome travel over the last decade.
When it comes to freedom camping, a lack of respect in some instances has tested many local's patience. While a lack of information has left the traveller feeling confused. This map helps us all.
Remember you have the freedom of choice - enjoy and follow these 'I Respect NZ' golden rules:
- Please don't stray. Only camp in the designated locations shown.
- If your vehicle isn't self contained, please stay where toilets are provided.