Top New Zealand attractions
The Marlborough region is the home of New Zealand's most exquisite sauvignon blanc, pinot noir, aromatic and sparkling wines.
Savour the flavours of Marlborough
- Take a winery tour. There is a variety of local wine trail operators providing a popular way to see and sample what Marlborough has to offer, be it by car, coach, or bicycle.
- Become a Golden Mile Champion, biking around wineries, restaurants and artisan stores.
- Lunch alfresco amidst the vines at a winery restaurant.
- Sample and shop for local produce from the farm gate or the Sunday Farmers Market.
- Visit a distillery or brewery to taste locally produced fruit brandies, beers and liqueurs.
- Local museums illustrate the early history of the region.
- Forage for gourmet local produce including honey, pine nuts, saffron and wild game, or pick your own fresh fruit at a local orchard in the summer months.
- Take a walk in Wither Hills Farm Park - for great views over Marlborough and the Wairau Plains - or along the Taylor River reserve, finishing with coffee and cake at a riverside cafe.
- Head to one of the many bike trails including the Wither Hills Mountain Bike Park, Conders Bend and Whites Bay.
- Kayak or walk the Wairau Lagoon, near the site of New Zealand's first human habitation and home to 90 species of bird.
- Art galleries offer ever-changing exhibitions of local and national artists.
- Hit the beach at Whites Bay or Robin Hodd Bay for brilliant beach action.